Organic Cauliflower au gratin with potatoes
- 1 organic Actiture cauliflower
- 250g bacon
- 1 organic Actiture potatoes
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- ½ litre milk
- Grated cheese
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Cut the organic Actiture cauliflower into florets and peel and cut the organic Actiture potatoes into large segments.
- Bring water to the boil in a pan with a pinch of salt, add the cauliflower and potatoes and leave for 15-20 minutes. Drain well and set aside.
- Prepare the béchamel sauce by adding the butter to a small saucepan over medium-low heat; when it melts, add the flour and stir until there are no lumps. Slowly pour in the room temperature or pre-heated milk while continuously stirring. Add a pinch of nutmeg, salt and pepper and continue stirring until thickened.
- In a frying pan with a drop of oil, put in the chopped bacon until golden brown and then top the cauliflower and potatoes with it.
- Preheat the oven to 190º. Put the cauliflower, potatoes and bacon in an ovenproof dish, coat it with the béchamel sauce and abundantly top it off with the grated cheese of your choice.
- Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes to brown, serve on a dish and now comes the moment to enjoy this delicious meal, ideal for the coming winter!